Is the color of the year trend forecasting or a self-fulfilling prophecy? Pantone collaborations for the Color of the Year are big business. These partnerships exist across industries and categories globally. The new partner for the rollout of Pantone Color of the Year 2017 beauty products is butter LONDON. The 15-0343 Greenery collection also incorporates harmonizing color pairings including neutrals, brights, deeper shades, and metallics that complement the bold green.
“Though Greenery may seem like an overly energetic hue to some, I view it as more of a neutral,” says Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute. “Greenery is complementary to almost any color; this dovetails marvelously into the coloration of beauty products due to the shade’s tremendous versatility.”
The collection includes:
- Nail Lacquer, 8-Free, highly pigmented nail color
- Limited Edition Nail Lacquer (6 SKUs, $10 each, Launching December 2016)
- Refresh and Renew, two Four-Piece Nail Lacquer Sets ($19 each, Launching January 2017)
- Plush Rush Lip Gloss, Plumping, luscious lip color
- Limited Edition Plush Rush Lip Gloss (6 SKUs, $20 each, Launching December 2016)
- Restore, a Four-Piece Plush Rush Lip Gloss Set ($19, Launching January 2017)
- Eyeshadow Palette, Primer-infused buttery shadows with true color payoff
- butter LONDON + Pantone Color of the Year 2017 Eyeshadow Palette, Limited Edition Eight-Piece Palette ($29, Launching April 2017)
The limited-edition butter LONDON + Pantone collection will pre-launch on butterLONDON.com and Ulta.com in December, launch in ULTA stores in January 2017, and be available at Nordstrom in February 2017.
Pantone Color of the Year is big business for brands—these partnerships exist across industries and categories globally, driving the “trend” into stores and influencing consumer color preference.
Read the release at PR Web.
Photo: butter LONDON