London, New York, Paris, move over—the hashtag culture has Korea, Japan, and China redefining cool on a global scale. While the West has always been “inspired” by the East, it’s been done at a distance with cultural and language barriers often inhibiting true integration, but the social, digital, visual world we live in today has removed those barriers. Never before have we been so in tune and intent on making Asian trends cross over to Western markets. It’s given rise to a group of Asian influencers defining cool with global reach.
6 Asian influencers that should be on your radar if they’re not already:
- Mademoiselle Yulia – Japanese DJ
- G-Dragon – Korean Rapper
- Li Yuchun (aka Chris Lee) – androgynous Chinese singer
- Chagrin Lee (CL) – Korean superstar
- Kiko Mizuhara – Japanese model-turned-actress
- Rink Kikuchi – Japanese actress
The Asian effect goes way beyond K-Beauty.
Read more in Business of Fashion.
Photo Credit Business of Fashion