Personally, I will gladly listen to any advice Leonard Lauder has to give, and I don’t know anyone in the beauty industry that doesn’t feel the same way. His generosity and love of the industry are infectious and a true inspiration. Who wouldn’t want to take advice from someone who has “been earning good money since I was 13”? So to that point below are some of the words of wisdom he shared with Katy Young from The Telegraph.
- Respect work.
- Do the best job possible. Don’t chase a promotion.
- You can’t learn with your mouth open. Listen, learn, and get on with it.
- Be fast on your feet. The speed of business today requires quick learning and agility.
- Trust your instincts and be intuitive in business or pay the consequences.
- Being able so see someone’s face matters. What someone might say with their mouth, they might not say with their eyes.
- Be patient and teach your employees. As a business grows a leader needs to work through other people, give them incentives, and be patient with them.
See The Telegraph for all of Leonard Lauder’s insights.