“A picture is worth a thousand words” is more than a tired old cliché. Developing a visual vocabulary for your brand is crucial to telling your story. It requires thinking of your brand in images across all touchpoints.
A Webdan infographic contains eye-popping statistics:
- The average person gets distracted in 8 seconds, though a mere 2.8 seconds is enough to distract some people
- 81% of people only skim the content they read online
- First impressions are formed in a mere 50 milliseconds
- An estimated 84% of communications will be visual by 2018
- An estimated 79 percent of internet traffic will be video content by 2018
- Posts that include images produce 650% higher engagement than text-only posts
- People are 85% more likely to buy a product after viewing a product video
- Posts with videos attract 3 times more links than text-only posts
Read the full article on visual content marketing in Inc.