The average spending during an infant’s first year is a whopping $12,000, and the bath category represents 14% of the entire baby sector. The baby bath product market is predicted to see significant growth, according to an M&H Plastics market report.
Market Growth Forecast 2015-2020
- Category expected to increase at a CAGR of 5.82%
- Baby bath soaps expected to increase at a CAGR of 5.73%
- Baby shampoo/conditioner expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.3%
- Baby bath accessories expected to increase at a CAGR of 5.12%
Brand Market Share
- Johnson’s Baby 11.2%
- Walmart 9.2%
- Aveeno Baby 3.7%
- California Baby 1.1%
- Rigid HDPE bottles are the most popular form of baby care packaging and are expected to grow 8% between 2015 and 2020.
- Easy-dispense closures are being implemented to ensure products can be effortlessly applied by parent to child.
- Pastel-colored packaging is on-trend and is used to emphasize gentle and organic nature of products.
- Novel and custom shapes are being used by brands to create recognizable brand identities.
- Character-shaped bottles add a fun, youthful feel to baby bath products.