You may be asking, what does back to school (BTS) have to do with beauty? Well, if you’re a kid or tween brand, it’s your season, but you’ve got to have a plan to maximize foot traffic in-store and online with traditional promotion amplified by a robust marketing stack. What better way to plan then with a view towards aligning with retailers’ strategic marketing plans?
RetailMeNot, whose audience is comprised of 48% parents, shares data to provide insight into impressions, audience, and behavior. Kelton conducted a survey on behalf of RetailMeNot survey on the marketing spend and promotional tactics from over 200 US retail marketing leaders.
- 53% of retailers plan to make mobile marketing a top priority this year
- 70% will issue mobile offers through partner platforms
- 65% will issue mobile offers through their own app
- 60% will issue mobile single-use promotion codes
- Nearly 9 in 10 retailers will be increasing investment in mobile advertising (89%) or social advertising (88%)
- Retailers plan to leverage social channels Facebook Live (74%), Instagram (60%), and Snapchat (55%)
Top Predicted Days For BTS Shopping in 2017:
- Saturday, 8/5/17
- Monday, 9/4/17 (Labor Day)
- Friday, 8/4/17
- Saturday, 8/12/17
- Sunday, 8/13/17
It’s not too late to shift your marketing priorities for the 2017 BTS season.
Download the full RetailMeNot survey.