Since its debut, Instagram Stories has been embraced by consumers and brands at lightning speed, and with consistent updates and new tools, is keeping their users highly engaged. To continue the momentum, Instagram has launched some new Stories options specifically with brands in mind.
The new offerings:
- Stories ads are now integrated with Facebook’s Canvas ad format, allowing for full-screen ads that can contain video and calls-to-action, and make it easier to run cross-channel campaigns.
- An uploading tool that can be found in Power Editor and Ads Manager lets brands turn their existing Stories into ads.
- Brands can use the camera features like face filters, boomerangs, and drawing tools to create an organic piece of media, and then repurpose it as an ad.
- Brands can add their Stories to Facebook, Instagram, and Audience network campaigns, allowing their ads to run campaigns across Facebook’s various properties.
The latest Stories and Instagram user stats:
- Stories has 250+ million daily users.
- 50% of businesses on Instagram posted a Story in the last month.
- 1 in 5 businesses posting an Instagram Story receives a direct message from users.
- Users under the age of 25 spend over 32 minutes a day on Instagram, in comparison Snapchat users under 25 spend over 40 minutes per day on the platform.
- Users older than 25 spend over 24 minutes a day on the platform, in comparison Snapchat users over 25 spend over 20 minutes per day on the platform.
It should be noted that unlike Facebook, which is filled to the brim with advertising, and increasingly difficult for ads to be seen unless there is a consistent investment made, Instagram still offers an environment in which even smaller brands can still get noticed. No one can state the success of Stories for brands better than Instagram: “In just one year, the Stories format has changed the way brands connect with and inspire their customers.”
See BI for further details on how Stories’ newest offerings will impact your business.