Pinterest has reached the 200 million user mark, and it did so two-and-a-half-times faster than it took to reach 100 million. This lightning-fast growth is attributed to a few of things: 1. Pinterest’s focused attention on enhancing its mobile experience, which has included improving search and organization tools on mobile; 2. The rapid growth Pinterest is experiencing in Western Europe (France, England, Germany), Latin America (Brazil), and Asia (Japan); 3. The Pinterest user base, also known as Pinners, is moving beyond the categories of food, fashion, wedding planning, home decorating to entertainment and automotive.
Pinterest By The Numbers:
- Pinterest grew 30% from a year ago to more than 200+ million people.
- Mobile devices account for nearly 85% of searches on Pinterest, leading to monthly mobile search growth of more than 45% from a year ago.
- 98% of Pinners say they try new things they find on Pinterest, compared to 71% on social-media platforms.
- Pinners are 39% more likely to be active retail shoppers.
- Pinners spend 29% more than people who don’t use the Pinterest app.
If your beauty brand has been focused in mastering Facebook and Instagram, its worth setting some time aside to explore Pinterest. Pinterest has proven to be a powerful visual tool for brands to highlight products, provide aspiration and inspiration, and with Buyable Pins offer Pinners the opportunity to shop your products without ever leaving Pinterest, a feature Instagram or Facebook have yet to add. Oh, and did we mention Pinterest is still free?
See USA Today for more on Pinterest and their latest visual discovery tools.