Encore Consumer Capital announced the sale of MyChelle Dermaceuticals to French Transit International, the owner of Crystal deodorant.
WHO: MyChelle Dermaceuticals is based in Louisville, CO, and is a leading marketer of natural skin care sold in the natural grocery channel as well as Kohl’s. The brand’s products provide highly concentrated, active dermatological ingredients with clean and conscious formulations.
Encore Consumer Capital is a San Francisco-based private equity investment firm focused on the consumer products industry. The firm targets companies with between $10 million and $100 million in annual revenues where Encore’s strong operating expertise in strategy development, brand marketing, and distribution expansion can help drive performance. Beauty brands Butter London, Lorac are currently in the portfolio.
French Transit acquires and develops personal care brands. The current brand portfolio consists of Crystal, a line of natural deodorants, and Luster Premium White, a line of beauty-focused teeth-whitening products. French Transit’s products are sold in natural, food, drug, and mass retailers globally.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: Scott Sellers, Managing Director of Encore Consumer Capital, said in a release, “It has been a great pleasure for us at Encore to have partnered with the talented team at MyChelle. They have expanded the MyChelle brand beyond the natural channel and have positioned the brand for continued growth.”
- French Transit International acquired MyChelle Dermaceuticals from Encore Consumer Capital.
- Terms of the deal were not reported
- According to industry sources MyChelle has roughly $15 million in sales.
- WWD reported that MyChelle hired Threadstone Capital to look for a buyer.
- MyChelle was sold by Encore Consumer Capital, the same private equity firm that backed Tarte before its sale to Kosé in 2014.
- Buyer French Transit owns teeth-whitening brand Luster White, as well as natural deodorant brand Crystal, and is also backed by private equity firm Juggernaut Capital Partners.
- Threadstone Advisors provided strategic and financial advisory services to MyChelle.
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP acted as legal counsel to MyChelle.
Photo: mychellebeauty via Instagram