Wallpaper magazine has become the arbiter of cool and the bellweather for design. The beauty category has been the bright spot in brick-and-mortar retail, and physical branded stores have become important touch points for beauty brands. Globally, architects and beauty brands are flipping the script with the rise of the three I’s of retail design—interactivity, installation, and immersion.
- Aesop by Snøhetta – Location: London, 22-24 Duke of York Square
- L’Occitane – 86 Champs by Laura Gonzales – Location: Paris, 86 Avenue des Champs-Élysées
- Riley Rose by FutureBrand Uxus – Location: Los Angeles, 2131 Galleria Way, Glendale, California
- Miller Harris by Fabled Studios – Location: London 1 Cabot Square, Canary Wharf
- Buly 1803 by Arnault Castel – Location: Hong Kong, 20 Wyndham St, Central
- Tom Ford Beauty – Location: London, 3 The Market Building, Covent Garden
Read more about these innovative retail designs at Wallpaper.
Photo: via Aesop