Influencer marketing continues to grow in importance for brands, with estimates of total spend on influencer marketing expected to increase from $5 billion to $10 billion dollars in the next five years. Instagram with its 1 billion users worldwide is the platform of choice for influencer marketing, rivaling YouTube’s more than 1.8 billion users.
- Nine out of ten (88.9%) worldwide influencers are using Instagram for marketing campaigns, more than they did a year ago.
- Instagram Stories was the second-most popular feature that influencers used for sponsored campaigns after posts on their news feeds.
- Instagram more than doubled its user base in India last year, helping to drive adoption among 78% of influencers there.
- Marketers may spend about $1.6 billion on Instagram influencer marketing campaigns this year.
- 92% of influencers chose Instagram as their No. 1 area of focus, trailed by Facebook and YouTube at just 2.7% each, while Snapchat garnered just 1.4% of interest and Twitter had 0.7%.
- 99% of influencers say they’re working on Instagram, Facebook (67%), Snapchat (51%), Twitter (43%), YouTube (30%), and Pinterest (28%).
Read the full article in Mobile Marketer.