With over 8 billion beauty ideas and 207 million beauty boards Pinterest has a unique perspective on beauty trends. Pinterest just released their 2018 global beauty trends and by the way Pinterest confirms K-Beauty is still hot up 36%.
- United States: In the US, it’s no wonder why braids are one of the most coveted hairstyles (+445%).
- Germany: Keep it short and chic with pixie cuts(+266%).
- France: You got nice buns, hun! Searches for messy buns (+137%) are on the rise in France.
- United Kingdom: French ladies aren’t the only ones giving buns a try. In the UK, it’s all about side buns (+164%).
- Argentina: Frame your face with flequillo abierto—or open bangs (+150%).
- Brazil: In Brazil, more and more Pinners are looking for ways to style box braids. (+97%).
- Spain: Spanish Pinners are flocking to a luxurious yet relaxed hairstyle called ondas al agua, or waves on the water (+133%).
- South Africa: Come on baby, let’s do the twist! Twisted braids (+70%) are a fun spin on a classic hairstyle.
- Japan: Ash (+68%)
- Mexico: Red (+22%)
- Austrailia: Pink (+46%)
Makeup Must Haves:
- Japan: Things are getting a little cheeky in Japan, where women are turning to orange blush instead of pink (+250%)
- Brazil: We all hate wine stains, unless they’re on your lips. Say cheers with wine-colored lipstick(+93%).
- France: Love French films? You’ll fall for their makeup, too. Artistic makeup is up 88% in France.
- Argentina: Glitter’s not just for arts and crafts anymore. Consider your face a canvas, and add a little extra sparkle to it with glitter makeup (+77%).
- Spain: Russian volume eyelash extensions are picking up across the world, but in Spain, the trend is really setting eyes aflutter (+700%).
- South Africa: Cat-eye makeup (+131%) is classic, bold and…dare we say, purr-fect.
- United States: Purple +52%
- Germany: Green +53%
- Mexico: Blue +302%
- United Kingdom: Silver +334%
- Australia: +188%
- United States: Gradient effect with ombre nails (+88%).
- Germany and France: Classic French manicure with “ baby boomer nails,” up 172% in Germany and 100% in France.
- Argentina: Sculpted nails (+74%) are definitely a work of art.
- Brazil: Handmade nail stickers (+30%).
- Australia: Searches for marble nails have increased by 31%.
- Japan: Searches for nuance nails have increased by 55%.
- Spain: In Spain, people are mixing things up by painting each nail with a different color(+239%).
- South Africa: In South Africa, glitter nails are up 102%.
- Mexico: They like a variety of shades. Nude (68k searches), red (60k searches) and white (52k searches) are the top three nails colors that people have been searching for this year followed by darkers shades of black(43k searches) and blue (38k searches).
See the full release at Pinterest.
Photo: Daiga Ellaby via Unsplash