The International SPA Association (ISPA) has released findings from a study commissioned by Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC) surveying the five key spa industry financial indicators: overall revenue, number of spa visits, number of spa locations, revenue per visit, and total employees. The indicators show that the US spa industry continues to experience growth.
“The data continues to show a healthy and robust spa industry, resulting in a wealth of reputable career opportunities for those looking to find a stable work environment,” said ISPA president Lynne McNees. “This study celebrates eight consecutive years of revenue growth with total spa industry revenue exceeding $17 billion in 2017.”
- Total spa revenue increased 4.3% from $16.8 billion at year’s end in 2016, to US$17.5 billion at year’s end in 2017.
- The number of spa visits increased by 1.6% from 184 billion in 2016 to 187 billion in 2017.
- The number of spa locations also increased 2.7% from 21,260 in 2016 to 21,770 in 2017.
- Revenue per visit increased 2.7% from $91.3 in 2016 to $93.7 in 2017.
- The total number of employees increased 1.9% from 365,200 in 2017 to 372,100 in 2018.
The complete study will be released at the 2018 ISPA Conference & Expo at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona, from 24-26 September.
Photo: Jesse Schoff via Unsplash