IFF-Lucas Meyer Cosmetics (IFF-LMC) has expanded and strengthened its strategic portfolio with the acquisition of three personal care ingredients and related intellectual property from Kemin Industries, an ingredient manufacturer.
WHO: Founded in 1961 by R.W. and Mary Nelson, Kemin is a privately held, family-owned company that began on a family farm in Des Moines, Iowa. Today, Kemin is a leader in the ingredient manufacturing industry with a portfolio of 500 ingredients, providing innovative nutritional ingredient solutions to customers in more than 120 countries.
IFF-Lucas Meyer Cosmetics is a cosmetic actives subsidiary of International Flavors & Fragrances headquartered in Quebec City, Canada, with operations in France and Australia. The company develops, manufactures, and markets innovative ingredients for the cosmetics and personal care industry, offering proprietary active ingredients, functional ingredients, and delivery systems that address health and wellness macro-trends in the beauty industry in both the developed and emerging markets.
WHY: The acquisition is expected to expand and strengthen theIFF-LMC product portfolio, with particular focus on environment and sustainability.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “Aligned with IFF and IFF-LMC’s commitment to sustainability and natural product offerings, I am thrilled to announce the addition of these key, responsibly sourced ingredients to our growing and increasingly diverse portfolio,” said Antonio Lara, President – CEO, IFF-Lucas Meyer Cosmetics. “Consumers are more aware than ever of the impact their choices have on the environment, so including these compelling active and functional products in our line is a win for our customers, consumers, and the planet.”
- IFF-Lucas Meyer Cosmetics (IFF-LMC), a cosmetic actives subsidiary of International Flavors & Fragrances, acquired three personal care ingredients and related intellectual property from Kemin Industries.
- Deal terms were not disclosed,
- The acquired products (and associated IP) include:
- Lysofix™: An easy-to-use and cold-process lysophospholipid emulsifier extracted from a non-GMO soybean source. It enhances formulas by evenly dispersing sunscreen and makeup pigments, provides immediate hydration, and supports collagen and elastin production while imparting a luxurious texture to the skin.
- XFoliPEARL™: Provides a gentle and efficient exfoliation and is an eco-friendly and efficient alternative to plastic beads.
- MicroCurb™: A broad-spectrum preservative from standardized oregano extract.
Photo: Ousa Chea via Unsplash