The big players in the hair care category have used M&A to increase their market share and fuel growth, which has resulted in massive consolidation in the professional channel. The US dominates the hair care market, but India is the fastest-growing market. Research and Markets found in their Trend Analysis report on the category that:
- The global hair care market is expected to reach USD 211.1 billion by 2025.
- India is expected to be the fastest-growing country with a CAGR of 9.73%.
- Hair color is expected to be the fastest-growing product over the forecast period due to changing trends in fashion. The increasing penetration of national and international salons in tier II and tier III cities in Asia Pacific, EMEA, and North America regions, and rising product visibility across multi-retail outlets contribute to the fastest growth of the product.
- Shampoo held the largest share in the product segment driven by consumer awareness of the benefits of organic and natural shampoo.
- Services held the largest market share due to the growing popularity of hair extensions in countries such as the UK and the US.
- Some of the key players are L’Oréal, Hindustan Unilever Ltd., P&G, Kao Corporation, Marico Limited, Aveda Corporation, Henkel Corporation, Combe Incorporated, Johnson & Johnson, and Avon.
See more information a the Research and Markets report.
Photo: Hailey Reed via Unsplash