The battle for big-box beauty comes down to two retailers—Walmart and Target. Stella Rising asked their Glimmer network of 20,000 grassroots influencers about how and where they shop for beauty, finding that 51% of them learn about new beauty and personal care products while shopping in a physical store, with big-box stores still being where they turn.
Here’s what the Stella Rising Glimmer network said:
Where do they shop for beauty products?
- 81% Walmart
- 72% Drugstores
- 69% Ulta
- 66% Sephora
- 61% Target
Why they shop at Walmart:
- Best everyday prices for beauty products
- Best prices on all products
- I can shop for personal items too
- Best sale prices on beauty products
- One-stop shop for products beyond beauty
Why they shop at Target:
- It’s easy to find the products I want
- Beauty section is well organized
- It’s easy to get in and out of quickly
- Always has the beauty products I want in stock
- Carries my brand of beauty products
Which websites do they buy products from?
- 37% Target.com
- 47% Walmart.com
- 75% Amazon.com
See the full infographic on Stella Rising.
Photo: Markus Spiske via Unsplash