In an industry trend report, Influencer Marketing 2020, Fashion & Beauty Monitor in association with Influencer Intelligence explores how the influencer marketing landscape has evolved in 2018.
- The majority of consumers express a preference for influencers who create authentic, engaging content.
- 90% of marketers say proving authenticity is critical to the future of influencer marketing.
- 85% of marketers say engagement data is the biggest metric of success for influencer marketing.
- Fake followers ranks as number-one concern within influencer marketing.
- 61% of consumers aged 18 to 34 have at some point been swayed in their decision-making by digital influencers.
- 100% of marketers agree that “relevance” is the most sought-after attribute in influencers.
- Confusion continues to plague disclosure guidelines.
- Proving the ROI of individual influencers is a big challenge for 84% of marketers.
Photo: George Pagan III via Unsplash