Knowlton Development Corporation (KDC/ONE), a leading value-added partner to beauty, health, and personal care brands, expanded its footprint through the acquisition of Alkos Group (Alkos), one of the top cosmetics manufacturers in France.
WHO: Established in 2002, KDC/ONE is a network of best-in-class custom formulators and manufacturers of color cosmetics, skincare, haircare, bath & body, fragrance, deodorant, home, health, industrial, and auto care products. The company has its head offices in Longueuil, Québec. Including Alkos Group, KDC/ONE now has 13 operating facilities located throughout North America and in France employing over 5,200 people
Alkos Group was founded in 2008 by Gérard Gieux. Today the company is comprised of Inter Cosmétiques, Sagal Cosmétiques, and Alkos Cosmétiques. The group offers a wide range of high-quality, innovative “Made in France” products across makeup, skincare, cosmetic pencils and perfumed soaps and deodorant sticks. Alkos Group is headquartered in Paris and employs more than 400 full-time employees in three French facilities.
WHY: The acquisition of Alkos Group provides KDC/ONE with a partner in the European market as it continues to execute on an international growth strategy to broaden its geographic footprint and solidify its global leadership.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “Alkos Group has deep roots in the cosmetics sector, an excellent reputation for product quality and innovation, and a customer-focused vision that will provide KDC/ONE with strategic access to the European market and unique technologies that reinforces our position as a leader in prestige beauty,” said Nicholas Whitley, President and CEO of KDC/ONE. “We look forward to working with the team at Alkos, as well as our partners at Cornell Capital, to leverage the full product portfolio and further diversify our customer base to capitalize on a number of cross-selling opportunities and deliver tangible benefits to all of our stakeholders.”
Gérard Gieux, founding owner of Alkos Group, said: “With KDC/ONE, the Alkos Group will have access to the capital needed to continue making essential investments in its business and its products, solidifying its leading market position. The Alkos Group is excited to enter new markets and continue to deliver quality products to new and existing customers alongside a trusted partner that shares similar values to ensure the sustainability and long-term growth of Alkos Group.”
- Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- KDC/ONE has experienced rapid growth through the successful completion of eight notable acquisitions over the past four years, most recently with Aromair Fine Fragrance, Northern Labs, and now Alkos Group.
- Established in 2002, KDC/ONE has grown organically and through acquisitions.
- In November 2018, KDC/ONE partnered with Cornell Capital, a private investment firm based in New York and Hong Kong, to drive international growth and enhance KDC/ONE’s ability to continue to invest in top-tier product innovation and best-in-class manufacturing capabilities.
- The acquisition of ALKOS Group is the latest for KDC/ONE since 2017, which also included Aromair Fine Fragrance and Northern Labs.
Photo: Vlad Tchompalov via Unsplash