Mineral cosmetics are made up of minerals such as zinc oxide, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, ultramarine, and mica that are used in making foundations and powders. These minerals offer anti-inflammatory effects and sun protection. Changing consumer preference and a rise in health consciousness is expected to create numerous opportunities for the growth of the mineral cosmetics market in the near future.
- The global mineral cosmetics market size was valued at $2,105.5 million in 2019.
- The segment is projected to reach $2.92 billion by 2026, at a 4.7% CAGR.
- The face cosmetics segment is estimated to register the fastest CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period.
- In 2018, the lips segment accounted for two-fifths of the total market with the highest share in the mineral cosmetics market. This segment captured the maximum share of 43.5% in 2019.
- Retail distribution acquired the maximum market share of around 45.1% in 2019.
- The e-commerce segment is anticipated to grow with the highest CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period (2019-2026).
- In 2018, Asia-Pacific dominated the global mineral cosmetics market. It is also expected to grow at the highest rate throughout the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific along with North America contributed more than 60% in the global mineral cosmetics market share.
Get more information at the report from Allied Market Research.
Photo: Aleksey Ovcharov via Unsplash