Treating those pesky narrow streaks or strips that develop due to sudden skin stretch are a growing category, driven by lifestyle and effective treatment.
- The global stretch marks treatment market size was valued at USD 2.1 billion in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 8.04% by 2026.
- The global market for stretch marks treatment products will be worth $3.9 billion by 2026.
- Drivers of growth are the increase in obesity and growing concern among pregnant women.
- Close to 70% of pregnant women gets stretch marks.
- The topical products segment is leading the market and is expected to continue leading in the near future.
- The laser treatment domain was also valued at USD 492.53 million in 2018 and is expected to grow considerably due to its effectiveness in comparison with other techniques.
- The most commonly used techniques by physicians to treat stretch marks are micro-needling, non-ablative, and fractionated lasers.
Find more information on Grandview Research.
Photo: Patricia Serna via Unsplash