I don’t know about you but the middle of March when life, as we knew it, came to a grinding halt feels like a lifetime ago. The shock has fallen away but the uncertainty remains. As we all get our arms around what the new normal is going to entail both personally and in our businesses everything seems to be open for reevaluation. Some businesses will thrive, others will survive and unfortunately, there are some that simply won’t make it through this crisis.
We have found most businesses are on the restart, reset or survive continuum. We have been polling this sentiment since we began our webinars in mid-March and the only thing that is consistent is the inconsistency which is probably indicative of the uncertainty we are facing. The consensus seems to be that the beauty industry has changed and will never be the same – but what does that mean exactly?
We launched our webinar to leverage our platform and relationships in an effort to provide support, information, and community. Eventually, this will come to an end, and the future of our businesses may be defined by the actions and decisions we make during this crisis. We could not have pulled off these webinars without the partnership, collaboration, and generosity of information our guests brought forth.
This weeks line up:
Available on Demand:
- DTC Founder Round Table: From Disruption to Mainstream
- Navigating a Cash Crunch: Strategies for Smart Cash Management
- Focus: The State Of The UK Beauty Market
- Focus: Professional Beauty Round Table – The Digital Pivot and The Path Forward
- Focus: Thriving In A Crisis – How Restorative Brands Will Emerge from COVID-19
- Leslie Blodgett: She Knows Beauty And Is A Pretty Good Author
- Focus: Managing Your Business’ Financial Health: Preserve, Prioritize, Prevail
- Focus: Practical Strategies for Managing Your Effective Virtual Team
- Focus: CEO Round Table – Leadership, Insight and Predictions
- Toxic Beauty: Meet the Woman Behind the Documentary
- Focus: Learnings and Updates from China on Covid-19
- Focus: Shifting Your Retail Team Online
- Focus: Covid-19 Crisis Communication