WHO: Founded in 2011, Rituels.ca offers traditional shaving and grooming products and accessories for men. Initially an online boutique, Rituels now has its own storefront in Quebec City’s Petit Champlain quarter and its products are distributed by dozens of retail outlets across Canada and the United States.
La Maison Simons was founded in Quebec City in 1840 by John Simons. Originally a dry-goods store, the company has now become synonymous with affordable and inspiring fashion. Today, the two Simons brothers Peter and Richard are at the helm of the family business and have become custodians of the brand and 15 retail doors.
WHY: The deal marks the arrival of men’s grooming and shaving products on Simons’ store shelves, giving the retailer the opportunity to broaden its range of men’s merchandise.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “Rituels pays the same attention to detail as we do when choosing products and strives to build long-term relationships with its customers, by providing an unparalleled shopping experience. Our companies target similar market segments, but from two different but perfectly complementary angles. It is therefore a natural association and one I’m really pleased to be entering into today,” said Peter Simons, CEO of La Maison Simons.
“It is an honour to be part of such a well-known and valued name as Simons. This partnership will provide the Rituels brand with access to a new and previously inaccessible customer base and enable it to grow more rapidly than ever before. There is such great potential!,” said the founding president of Rituels.ca Michael Carpentier.
- La Maison Simons acquires Rituels.ca.
- Financial terms of the deal were not available.
- Rituels Founding President Michael Carpentier will continue to lead the brand as a Simons executive.
- The rituels.ca transactional website and the new Rituels store, which recently opened its doors in Quebec City’s Petit Champlain quarter, will remain open.
- The Rituels line of shampoos, soaps, shave oils, and shaving creams will be phased in over the next few months both at Simons stores and online.
- Carpentier and Simons will collaborate on future launches, including the 2019 rollout of an upscale product line for men and women, which will be 100 percent natural and fragrance-free. They will also invest in skincare innovation and the design of products and tools to enhance the shaving experience.
Photo: via La Maison Simons