Alès Groupe, owner Parfums Caron since 1998, has been in exclusive negotiation since September with Luxembourg-based Cattleya Finance S.A.
WHO: Parfums Caron is one of the oldest French perfume houses, founded by Ernest Daltroff in 1904. Caron Fragrance is distributed at approximately 1,900 sales points in France and has four freestanding boutiques. Caron sells in other parts of Europe along with Gulf countries and the US.
Alès Groupe is a cosmetics and fragrances company based in Paris, France. The company has been created and is still managed by its founder Patrick Alès, a hair stylist, dating back before 1969 when he created Laboratoires Phytosolba, a botanical hair care brand formulated with plants. Alès Groupe’s other brands include Lierac, Jowaé, Phyto, Kydra, Secret Professionnel, and Subtil.
Cattleya Finance is the Luxembourg-based private investment holding company of Benjamin and Ariane de Rothschild.
WHY: Alès Group intends to refocus on its core business: skincare products (Lierac and Jowaé) and hair (Phyto, Kydra, Secret Professionnel, Subtil).
- Alès Groupe, owner Parfums Caron since 1998, entered into exclusive negotiations to sell the brand with Luxembourg-based Cattleya Finance S.A., the private investment holding company of Benjamin and Ariane de Rothschild.
- Cattleya Finance S.A. acquired the brand for 9.9 million euros.
- Alès Groupe has owned Parfums Caron since 1998.
- Caron Fragrance had sales of 8.1 million euros in 2017.
- The transaction is expected to be concluded by the end of the year.
Photo: via Caron Paris