With the aim of becoming a European leader in the beauty and well-being sector, Strand Cosmetics Europe and Marvinpac have joined forces to form MS BEAUTiLAB.
WHO: Founded in 1964, Strand Cosmetics designs, formulates, and manufactures high-end skincare and makeup.
Established in 1999, Marvinpac offers tailor-made high-end packaging solutions.
WHY: With this merger, the new company claims to be the only provider to offer full-service Made-in-France and Made-in-Switzerland beauty solutions—all within the framework of an eco-responsible approach.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “The only player to offer full-service beauty solutions made in France and made in Switzerland wants to conquer the hearts of French, Swiss and international brands, through its strategy of product, concept and technology innovation, while respecting an eco-responsible approach,” the two companies explained in a joint statement.
“In addition to specialized make-up equipment, particularly on the French site, all of the facilities are available to each of the Business Units and production operations will be organized according to customer priorities: agenda, volume of specific origin (made in France, Swiss made, etc.),” Éric Bouvier and Ludovic Hericher told Premium Beauty News.
- Strand Cosmetics Europe and Marvinpac have joined forces to form MS BEAUTiLAB.
- Effective January 1, 2020, the merger is targeting a consolidated turnover of €100 million by 2024.
- The group employs more than 250 people in Europe (France, Switzerland, Czech Republic), the USA, and China.
- Under the joint management of Eric Bouvier, current CEO of Strand Cosmetics Europe, and Ludovic Hericher, CEO of Marvinpac, MS BEAUTiLAB will be structured into two specialized Business Units: MS Advanced Skincare Solutions, led by Camille Schmit Deroin, skincare, and Strand High Tech Color Cosmetics, directed by Denis Richard Orliange, for make-up.
- Marvinpac acquired a “minor but significant” stake in Strand Cosmetics Europe in June of 2018.
Photo: Sonja Punz via Unsplash