Beauty Independent reported personal care brand Beast has raised $3 million in a Series A round led by Callais Capital Management.
WHO: Beast is the Nashville-based business launched in 2013 as part of online retailer Lock & Mane by entrepreneur John Cascarano. Exiting Lock & Mane in 2015, Cascarano’s focus turned to building an iconic, global consumer brand, with products better for the environment and “Beasts of all kinds.” The unisex personal care brand consists of 45 products priced from $5 to $29.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “This investment will allow us to focus on product improvement and marketing. We will be offering more reduced plastic and reusable packaging, more natural formulas and more products aimed at a whole range of Beasts,” John Cascarano, President and founder of Beast Brands told Beauty Independent.
Mark Graffagnini, partner at Callais Capital, adds, “We appreciated Beast Brands’ consistent growth, their brand positioning, and especially the experience and qualifications of the management team.”
- Beast raised $3 million in a Series A round led by Callais Capital Management with participation from Sand Hill Angels and Capital Innovators and The Brandery.
- The brand doubled sales in 2019 and is projecting $5 million in sales for 2020, up from $1.5 million.
- The brand’s products Wash for Everyone and Bar Soap have spiked 220% during the pandemic.
- Currently, 40% of the brand’s sales come from Amazon.
- Refills contribute roughly a third of sales, and the brand is doubling down on them with new launches.
- Crunchbase estimates the brand secured $350,000 in two seed rounds and a pre-seed round. In May 2019 a seed round was raised from Sand Hills Angels.
Photo: via Beast