We all know the numbers. We’ve seen the images. The plastic problem is wreaking havoc on our planet. Recycling and composting plastics are crucial elements of the circular economy, but the term “recyclable” itself is ambiguous and is contingent upon multiple aspects of packaging, local infrastructure, and the existence of end markets for recycled material. Just because a package is recyclable doesn’t mean it actually gets recycled. Take a deep dive into recycling with experts that can separate fact from fiction.
- Understanding the current recycling infrastructure
- Greenwashing and the responsibility of brands
- Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) schemes
- PACT non-profit beauty recycling program
- Mia Davis, Co-Founder at Pact Collective and VP, Sustainability & Impact at Credo
- Victor Casale, Co-Founder & CEO of MOB Beauty