TPR Holdings acquired Diana Vreeland Parfums at the end of December 2018, announcing the transaction in WWD mid-April 2019.
WHO: Diana Vreeland Parfums is a fragrance and beauty collection that embodies Mrs. Vreeland’s personality: fearless, colorful, confident, and fun. The brand was launched and built by Mrs. Vreeland’s grandson, Alexander Vreeland.
TPR Holdings is a dynamic NYC-based investor and operator in the consumer products industry. TPR’s target investments include scalable mass and prestige opportunities in the health, beauty, and wellness categories. Their portfolio consists of Cargo Cosmetics, Mally Beauty, Zirh, Free 24/7, ybf Beauty, and Oscar Blandi Hair Care, and they license the Elie Tahari and Badgley Mischka beauty businesses.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: According to Brian Robinson, TPR Chief Executive Officer, the firm intends to “aggressively expand” international distribution and focus on only the “best points of distribution” for Diana Vreeland going forward.
- TPR Holdings acquired Diana Vreeland Parfums.
- Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition was made through an asset purchase at the end of December 2018.
- Industry sources estimated the brand is doing about $10 million in retail sales.
- The brand will continue to develop fragrances with International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., including a line specifically meant for Russia that is slated to launch in 2020.
- Several non-fragrance stock-keeping units are also in development, and could launch later this year or in early 2020.
- Since the acquisition TPR has secured distribution of the brand in an additional 18 international markets and signing deals with Luxasia to enter Hong Kong and China and Das Elite to expand in the Middle East.
Photo: via Diana Vreeland Parfums