Airtime, a burgeoning live social space founded by Sean Parker, and the Makeup Museum, the world's leading institution exploring the history of beauty, are joining forces to launch an 8-week, in-app event that brings an unfiltered approach to the world of makeup. The series will feature live conversations with some of the industry's biggest experts and never-before-seen celebrity images.
“It is Makeup Museum's mission to provide access to beauty history beyond the physical walls of our museum. With Airtime, we can reach beauty lovers at a global scale in real-time," said Makeup Museum Executive Director Doreen Bloch. "We are so excited to partner with Airtime to bring beauty history to ever-expanding audiences.”
The collaboration kicked off on July 27 and a robust 16-session lineup of programming will continue in the Makeup Museum room every Tuesday and Thursday at 1pm ET. Combining the expertise of the Makeup Museum with Airtime's growing live social space enables conversations to come alive by blending video, audio, and chat with real, raw, and in-the-know discussions that will cover a range of topics from beauty history and makeup secrets of Hollywood stars, to starting your own beauty business.
“Seeing the success of The Beauty Lab, Airtime's flagship beauty room, and passion from our beauty-obsessed members inspired us to continue bringing exclusive beauty content to our community, starting with this incredible partnership through the Makeup Museum," said Ryan Charchian, Beauty Community Lead at Airtime. "From drag makeup tips to preparing for the Team USA trials, the goal is to join together industry leaders and beauty lovers alike to give an unfiltered look at the world of makeup through live and thought-provoking conversations that won't happen anywhere else.”
The Makeup Museum / Airtime Beauty Lab series currently includes:
- July 27: Beauty Stories from Around the World
- July 29: National Lipstick Day with Ilise S. Carter, Lipstick Historian and Author of The Red Menace
- August 3: Beauty Icons: Barbie
- August 5: Vintage Beauty Show & Tell with Gabriela Hernandez (Founder of Bésame Cosmetics)
- August 10: Beauty Secrets of Ancient Queens with New York University's Dr. Tricia Kim
- August 12: Beauty Icons: The Westmores with Christiana Benson, Westmore Family Historian
- August 17: Break into Beauty: Starting Your Own Beauty Business with the Founders of Glow
- August 19: The Future of Beauty: Sustainability with Common Heir founder Cary Lin
- August 24: Beauty Secrets of Marilyn Monroe
- August 26: The Future of Beauty: Personalization
- August 31: The History of Drag Beauty
- September 2: Beauty Secrets of Kevyn Aucoin
- September 7: Vintage Beauty Show & Tell
- September 9: Beauty Secrets of Jackie Kennedy
- September 14: Break into Beauty: Starting Your Beauty Brand with Eric Sakas, founder of Lucie + Pompette
- September 16: The Future of Beauty: NFTs with Leigh Cuen, crypto-savvy journalist and founder of Des Femmes
To check out the upcoming Airtime X Makeup Museum virtual experience, please visit www.airtime.com or join the Makeup Museum room by searching “Makeup Museum” on Airtime's app or desktop site.
2 Article(s) Remaining