Branded has acquired Puracy, a plant-based personal care and cleaning brand with 30,000 five-star reviews on Amazon.
WHO: Founded in 2013 by Sean Busch and Paul Tracy and headquartered in Austin, TX, Puracy crafts natural, plant-based cleaning and personal care products. Developed by doctors and trusted by families, Puracy's natural and organic formulas have been thoroughly tested and are proven to work, as evidenced by more than 30,000 five-star Amazon reviews. The brand is also available in roughly 1,000 Target doors, with a rollout in 2,000 Kroger doors planned.
Branded Group is a leading consumer goods e-commerce company that partners with top-performing e-commerce entrepreneurs and businesses to grow them into global consumer goods leaders. Branded empowers small online brands by leveraging its technology core and industry expertise, and by scaling them to reach a global audience. Founded in 2020, Branded is headquartered in New York and Paris.
WHY: Branded will partner with Puracy and its founder to boost growth and further establish it as a leader in the plant-based personal care market.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “Our goal is to create a legacy brand that our children will be proud of and something that will make a difference to the world," said Sean Busch, co-founder of Puracy. "We believe Branded not only shares this vision but is uniquely capable of helping us achieve our goals."
“Natural home and personal care products is a competitive space and Puracy is able to stand out among competitors," said Michael Ronen, President of Branded. "Working with Puracy marks the largest brand acquisition in Branded history and we continue to establish ourselves as a leader in the e-commerce space. In this partnership, we're providing expertise, resources, and infrastructure for Puracy to grow into a global household name.”
- Branded acquires Puracy. The terms of the deal weren't disclosed.
- According to reporting by Beauty Independent, in June, sales for the brand reached $30 million in 2020.
- According to Beauty Independent, Branded is "currently circling five to six brands in the beauty, personal care and lifestyle categories for possible acquisitions."
- Branded claims it is on track to grow 50x this year since launching in 2020 and reached $150 million in profitable gross revenue within six months. The company has more than 200 employees globally and has acquired over 40 brands, continuing its expansion in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Branded has raised $150 million in funding to date from Target Global, Declaration Partners, Tiger Global, Kreos Capital, Lurra Capital, Regah Ventures, Kima Ventures, and Vine Ventures.
2 Article(s) Remaining