UK-based direct-to-consumer clean supplement brand Feel landed £3 million from ITV following a £4.5 million round of investment in April.
WHO: Feel is a UK-based digital health company with a mission to clean up and disrupt the world of nutritional supplements. Founded by entrepreneur Boris Hodakel, Feel is a fast-growing nutritional supplement company that provides high-quality vitamin supplements that are backed by science.
ITV AdVentures Invest is a Media for Equity program which sees ITV take minority stakes in early-stage digital and direct-to-consumer businesses, alongside venture capital investment, in return for advertising inventory across ITV's range of market-leading channels and the ITV Hub. The initiative will serve as an innovative opportunity for early-stage businesses seeking to build scale through TV advertising, alongside a strategic media partner.
WHY: Feel's science-led approach in developing innovative products with potent ingredients and no additives resonates with the modern consumer, resulting in significant growth in the past 12 months. The company now aims to expand its product range into other nutrition verticals while growing its London-based team.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: Niko Waesche, Fund Manager of ITV AdVentures Invest, said, "From the moment we met Boris and the Feel team, we realised their commitment to creating accessible and top-quality nutritional supplements coupled with a first-rate consumer experience. As an innovative, digital consumer brand at scale-up stage, it's a perfect fit for ITV's investment, and we look forward to helping Feel grow through the power of TV advertising."
Feel's founder and CEO Boris Hodakel said, "To achieve our next stage of development, we looked for a leading media partner with a trusted brand and the broadest commercial reach in the UK. We are not here to create a brand for a select few; we want everyone in the UK to be able to benefit from our science-based nutritional supplements."
- Feel landed £3MM from ITV AdVentures Invest.
- ITV has agreed to subscribe for up to £3MM convertible loan notes in Feel in three tranches.
- In the unaudited accounts of Feel Holdings Limited for the year ended 31 March 2020, reported gross assets were £0.4MM and the net loss was £0.8MM.
- The ITV investment follows the recent announcement of Feel's equity partnership with singer and TV personality Cheryl, who is working closely with the brand on its future products.
- Feel will commence a tailored media campaign across ITV's channels later this year.
- In April 2021, Feel secured a £4.5MM ($6.2MM) investment with Fuel Ventures leading the round, which also included Sova VC and TMT Investments, as well as angel investors. At the time, the company claimed a 60x growth in its first year and 21,000 active subscriptions.
2 Article(s) Remaining