Evonik has signed a purchase agreement to acquire the privately owned technology-driven company Infinitec Activos, boosting its system solutions portfolio.
WHO: Infinitec Activos is a privately owned Spanish technology-driven company founded in 2004 that focuses on the development and production of novel active delivery systems for cosmetic active ingredient applications.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The company is active in more than 100 countries around the world and generated sales of €12.2 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €1.91 billion in 2020 with about 33,000 employees.
WHY: This latest acquisition continues the portfolio shift of Evonik’s life science division Nutrition & Care towards system solutions, which are characterized by high-growth prospects and above-average margin potential. Nutrition & Care aims to increase the share of system solutions it offers from 20 percent today, to more than 50 percent by 2030.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “Proven active delivery systems offer great opportunities to innovate new cosmetic ingredients with scientifically proven claims. This allows our personal care customers to differentiate,” said Yann d'Hervé, head of Evonik's Care Solutions business line.
“We are convinced that the synergies created will not only bring benefits to our customers and both companies, but also create new opportunities across the entire personal care and beauty market value chain,” said Alfonso Hidalgo, Partner of Infinitec Activos S.L.
- Evonik acquires cosmetic delivery company Infinitec Activos.
- The acquisition comprises 47 employees working at the company’s Barcelona Science Park head office, its manufacturing facility in Montornés del Vallès (Spain), and at its natural-based raw material producer, Naturethic.
- Infinitec Activos will be integrated into the Care Solutions business line of Evonik’s Nutrition & Care division, complementing the active delivery systems acquired in 2017.
- With its portfolio of natural-based active ingredients and seven delivery systems, the integration of Infinitec Activos into the Care Solutions business line reinforces Evonik’s position as a sustainable specialties partner, while also further strengthening Nutrition & Care’s wide technology platform.
- By combining its existing actives portfolio with the new delivery systems, Care Solutions’ capabilities to generate new concepts for scientifically substantiated consumer cosmetic claims are significantly enhanced. The integration and rollout across the existing platform of cosmetic solutions offer strong synergy potential.
2 Article(s) Remaining