Planity, France's leading beauty appointment booking company, is raising €30 million in Series B funding.
WHO: Founded 2017 by Antoine Puymirat and his partners Jérémy Queroy and Paul Vonderscher, Planity is a SaaS company that enables people to book online for free. The Planity platform seamlessly facilitates consumers’ ability to discover, book, and pay for beauty and wellness appointments via its marketplace. Salons can leverage Planity to manage their operations via its end-to-end SaaS solution.
WHY: Planity plans to leverage its 75 percent share of the French market to expand internationally, beginning with Germany as well as expanding to adjacent verticals.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: "Our first objective is to continue to develop the French market, where only 13 percent of beauty salons have an online appointment solution," Puymirat, President and co-founder of Planity, said in a statement. "We expect more than 60 percent will be equipped within the next five years, so we still have a lot of salons to support in their digitalization."
“This capital increase will also allow Planity to enter a new stage of its development by opening its first office outside France, in Germany," he continued. "Finally, this funding round will enable us to double our workforce over the next 12 months with more than 200 new hires planned.”
“Planity addresses a sector that has so far been left out of technological innovation. Its software suite allows beauty professionals to significantly increase their productivity, and its marketplace allows them to generate additional income while supporting the digitalization of uses," said Morgan Kessous, Investment Director of Gaia Capital Partners. "Just as in the health sector, there is considerable potential for growth in France and internationally. Combined with these favorable market factors, the team's strong execution convinced us that Planity will be the European leader in online beauty appointments within a few years.”
- Planity raised €30 million in Series B funding. Gaia Capital Partners led the round with participation by Planity's current investors Crédit Mutuel Innovation, BPI Digital Venture, and the Eiffel Investment Group.
- The company has 15,000 beauty salon clients in the French market with more than 50 million appointments having been booked on the platform.
- Planity has more than 1 million customer reviews with an average rating of 4.48 out of 5, while the platform's sales are gaining more than 15% per month.
- For salons, the software helps improve efficiency by reducing the number of calls by half and the level of missed appointments by 75 percent. Salons using Planity saw sales increase by 10 percent, due to new customers and higher booking frequency.
- In 2017 Alven led a $1.5 million seed round in Planity alongside a number of relevant angels like the founders of KelDoc, PriceMatch, and eFounders.
- In 2018 the platform raised €6 million from its historic investor, Alven, Fonds Ambition Numérique (Bpifrance), and Alto Invest.
- In July 2020, Planity raised 10 million euros in a Series A funding round led by Crédit Mutuel Innovation with participation by Alven, Eiffel Investment Group, and Bpifrance.
2 Article(s) Remaining