Vella Bioscience has closed a $7 million seed II funding round, anchored by Aaron Fleck & Associates, with a $50 million valuation.
WHO: Vella Bioscience is a femtech company driven to put science in service of every woman’s sexual empowerment. Founded by a team of medical researchers, scientists, and industry experts, Vella Bioscience leads the intersection of proprietary science and luxury beauty for sexual wellness. The business launched with its flagship, category-first product, Vella Pleasure Serum, which is designed to give women power over their pleasure. The first-of-its-kind serum features proprietary nano-encapsulated CBD technology, which serves as the company's platform technology to advance a product portfolio of radical innovations further strengthening the promise of sexual empowerment for all women.
WHY: With this new funding, Vella Bioscience is positioned to advance a product portfolio of science-driven innovations, further strengthening the promise of sexual empowerment for all women.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “This is a critical milestone that will drive Vella Bioscience’s future growth and we’re grateful for the overwhelming support from a diverse network of investors,” said Chief Executive Officer Nial DeMena. “We exceeded our initial goal by more than $2 million and haven’t seen this type of response from investors within the femtech space before—especially during a pandemic year. Our raise is a true testament to the market’s enthusiasm for category expansion and the power of our team and science-based approach.”
“Vella is arriving on the market at a pivotal moment when major changes in the cultural acceptance of female sexual pleasure are happening,” said Chief Operating Officer Carolyn Wheeler. “We are leading the charge of exemplifying that women’s sexual wellness is an integral part of women’s health, happiness, and right to pleasure. Our science-based approach truly sets us apart from any other product on the market and investors recognize that.”
- Vella Bioscience has closed a $7 million seed II funding round, anchored by Aaron Fleck & Associates.
- The funding round, which was heavily oversubscribed, puts Vella Bioscience at over $50 million post-money valuation.
- WWD reported the business is expected to do $25 million in sales in 2022, according to industry sources.
- Co-founded by Dr. Harin Padma-Nathan, the lead Principal Investigator for Viagra and Cialis.
- The product is distributed at Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Shen Beauty, and Nordstrom.
2 Article(s) Remaining