WHO: Founded in 2017 by brothers Gamal and Jamil Codner, Fresh Heritage was inspired by the grooming traditions of the African ancestors while they were on a trip to Africa. The brand solves grooming problems for men of color with high-quality, chemical-free products: Shampoo Hair & Beard Wash, Condition Leave-In Beard Conditioner, two Beard Oils, two beard health-related vitamins, and its bestselling Beard Growth Kit.
Founded in 2020, Branded Group is a leading consumer goods e-commerce company that partners with fast-growing, profitable e-commerce brands, generating $4 million to $5 million or more in annual revenue to grow them into global consumer goods leaders. Branded empowers small online brands by leveraging its technology core and industry expertise, and by scaling them to reach a global audience. The company currently has over 40 brands in its portfolio.
WHY: The transaction will allow the business to scale operations and distribution while its founders focus on new product development and community engagement.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: Gamal told The Quintessential Gentleman, "One of the biggest reasons my COO (Natarcia Codner) and I decided to partner with them is because they shared our same values of creating a very safe space for men of color. And they did not want to go away from that, they wanted to support it more compared to some of the other people that we were considering partnering with. So Fresh Heritage will continue to be the spot and community for like-minded, growth-oriented men of color, where you could get grooming products and learn how to show up the best in your life."
- Branded acquired Fresh Heritage. The financial details of the deal were not released.
- Co-founder and CEO Gamal Codner will remain involved in shepherding the brand vision, new product development, and community building, while Branded will handle merchandising and operational management.
- The brand is set to launch on Amazon by the end of the year.
- Branded claims it is on track to grow 50x this year since launching in 2020, and reached $150 million in profitable gross revenue within six months. The company has more than 200 employees globally and has acquired over 40 brands, continuing its expansion in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Branded has raised $150 million in funding to date from Target Global, Declaration Partners, Tiger Global, Kreos Capital, Lurra Capital, Regah Ventures, Kima Ventures, and Vine Ventures.
- Branded acquired plant-based personal care and cleaning brand Puracy in October 2021.
2 Article(s) Remaining