Influencer marketing platform CreatorIQ acquired influencer marketing analytics platform Tribe Dynamics in what was reported to be a deal in the neighborhood of $70 million.
WHO: Founded in 2012 by Conor Begley and Jon Namnath, Tribe Dynamics is a leading influencer marketing platform helping brands drive digital earned media. With team members based in San Francisco, New York, and London, Tribe Dynamics works with brands across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
CreatorIQ's software unifies and powers advanced influencer marketing for the world's most innovative enterprises. Its Intelligence Cloud facilitates data science-enabled creator discovery, streamlines workflow, ensures brand safety, and drives meaningful measurement driving real business results across their influencer marketing ecosystems. Founded in 2014, CreatorIQ is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Austin, Detroit, Chicago, Toronto, Miami, New York City, London, Auckland, and Kharkiv (UA).
WHY: The deal brings together Tribe Dynamics' advanced analytics and benchmarking solutions with the ability to make those insights actionable through CreatorIQ's Creator Intelligence Cloud. The combined company will extend CreatorIQ's leadership position as the largest influencer marketing SaaS platform in terms of revenue, growth, data authority, and global expansion with over 450 customers, 250 employees, and $90 million in funding.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: "We are thrilled to be acquiring such a fast-growing, authoritative leader in Tribe Dynamics. With this union, CreatorIQ is accelerating our focus on advanced data science and analytics," said Igor Vaks, founder & CEO at CreatorIQ. "Applying Tribe Dynamics' proprietary models, which are the standard in the beauty & fashion industries, to additional verticals will allow us to offer analytics and measurement benchmarks for the entire industry. This partnership raises the bar for what leaders should expect from an influencer marketing platform."
“This is a big deal. Tribe Dynamics coming together with CreatorIQ is more than just two influencer marketing leaders joining forces with complementary strengths. It's a profound opportunity to create standards for the entire influencer marketing sector and represents a multi-billion dollar market opportunity," said Conor Begley, President at Tribe Dynamics. "Together, we will represent the unquestioned leader in the market and we are committed to serving the needs of brands across the globe as they invest in influencer marketing.”
- CreatorIQ acquired Tribe Dynamics. The transaction was a combination of cash and stock, with Variety reporting the deal was worth around $70 million.
- At the time of acquisition, Tribe Dynamics was in a period of rapid growth, with new bookings growing over 100% YoY with a 110% net retention rate in the first half of 2021.
- Tribe Dynamics will continue to operate as an independent entity for the foreseeable future with all employees remaining post-acquisition, including co-founders Conor Begley and Jon Namnath.
- Tribe Dynamics investors included Switzerland's Planven Entrepreneur Ventures, Lighter Capital, and You & Mr Jones Brandtech Ventures.
- The deal comes on the heels of $40 million in new funding, bringing CreatorIQ's total capital raised to date to over $80 million.
- Cooley LLC represented CreatorIQ as legal counsel in the transaction, while Perkins Coie LLC served as counsel for Tribe Dynamics. Truist Securities served as the investment bank for Tribe Dynamics in the deal.
2 Article(s) Remaining