Celebrity Cruises and goop have deepened their partnership with a program of well-being classes to be held onboard a series of four Caribbean sailings this fall. The two brands teamed up for the first time in January 2020 for the "goop at Sea" initiative, which was ultimately postponed because of COVID. In April 2021, Paltrow announced that she would assume a new role as Celebrity Cruises' wellbeing advisor, curating new wellness offerings and products for the cruise line with her team, including AquaClass enhancements, On-Demand TV content, and an exclusive goop smoothie at The Spa Café.
"We've had massive success with In goop Health, our wellness summit that translates goop's content into a tangible, high-touch experience. This partnership with Celebrity Cruises allows us to bring goop to new audiences and to meet readers where they are. goop's brand DNA is based in curiosity, and curiosity is an essential component of travel. With goop at Sea, we'll be invoking that adventurous spirit with a series of transformative experiences led by a few of our most-trusted wellness practitioners and healers," Gwyneth Paltrow, CEO and founder of goop, said in a statement.
Celebrity Cruise guests will get the chance to take restorative and expanding classes for the mind, body, and soul with some of goop's favorite practitioners onboard a series of four Caribbean sailings kicking off in October. The exclusive programming includes workouts and mindfulness sessions to enrich guests' collective wellbeing while aboard the new luxury ships.
“As our guests have returned to travel, they've expressed how sailing has been a source of healing for them after a very challenging year," said Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo. "Nowhere else can guests experience this powerful confluence of the serenity of the sea with physical and emotional wellness.”
“Physical, mental, and spiritual well-being are inextricably connected—and how fun to explore all, on the water, in the Caribbean," said Kiki Koroshetz, goop's Senior Wellness Director and contributor to Celebrity's Women in Wellness group. "We look forward to sharing the wisdom of an incredible group of teachers with Celebrity Cruises' guests.”
Curated by goop, the practitioners include:
- Dana Childs – An intuitive energy healer, author, and teacher. Dana leads workshops, online courses, and retreats to help others learn to open their own intuitive gifts.
- Colette Dong – A New York City native with a BFA in dance performance and choreography and a BS in dance science from Elon University, Colette is founder of the ness, New York's premier workout studio for trampoline cardio and muscle sculpting.
- Tina Jackson – A classically trained dancer, fitness model, fashion stylist, and movement curator, her classes invoke a deep sense of celebration, authenticity, faith, courage, expression, and freedom.
- Deganit Nuur – A renowned spiritual teacher, clairvoyant intuitive, acupuncturist, writer, and speaker. For 15 years, Deganit has been devoted to guiding people in finding peace and purpose through her writing, courses, apprenticeship, events, and sessions.
- Drea Wheeler – A luxury fitness expert who holds 12 different fitness certifications (and a degree in criminology!) and is best known for her trademarked Bodylicious classes.
Playing host to these health and wellness experts will be Celebrity's New Luxury cruise ships. The four-sailing itinerary features:
- Celebrity Summit – Sailing out of Miami on October 9 for a 5-night cruise, this sailing will feature Colette Dong and Deganit Nuur.
- Celebrity Apex – Dana Childs and Tina Jackson will headline this 4-night cruise departing Fort Lauderdale, FL, on October 24.
- Celebrity Edge – Leaving Fort Lauderdale, FL, on October 30, the 7-night Western Caribbean sailing will feature Dana Childs and Tina Jackson.
- Celebrity Millennium – The final sailing will be headlined by Drea Wheeler, departing Fort Lauderdale, FL, on December 13 on a 10-night Eastern Caribbean cruise.
2 Article(s) Remaining