Good Glamm Group is expanding its content-to-commerce strategy with the acquisition of MissMalini Entertainment, an Indian media and influencer talent management network.
WHO: MissMalini, which started as a lifestyle blog in 2008, is now accessible to 60 million users with an umbrella of girl community app (Girl Tribe), MissMalini Media (influencer and content marketing), Ignite Edge (talent management), and Agent M Creative (creative agency).
Established in September 2021, The Good Glamm Group is a digital-first house of brands that brings together innovative and fast-growing beauty and personal care brands. The portfolio includes MyGlamm, MomsCo (India's leading premium mom and baby brand), POPxo (India's first tween cosmetics brand), and Baby Chakra (India's first baby products brand co-created with mothers). It is founded by Darpan Sanghvi and co-founded by Priyanka Gill and Naiyya Saggi with a vision to become the “Digital CPG Conglomerate of the Future." The group is backed by L'Occitane, BVP, Accel, Ascent, Amazon, Mankekar Family, Kalaari, Chiratae, Trifecta, Wipro, and Tano Capital.
WHY: The strategic acquisition will help Good Glamm Group enhance content-to-commerce strategy via MissMalini's reach and incorporate celebrity and influencer talent management in its offerings.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: "We have admired MissMalini over the years. They were the first movers in the Influencer space, are the leading digital voice on Bollywood and the Girl Tribe is turning into a highly engaged and relevant community," said Darpan Sanghvi, group founder and CEO, Good Glamm Group. "We see all these elements and expertise as highly valuable pieces in the ambitious Content to Commerce disruption we are creating in India. Super excited to begin this journey with MissMalini and support their vision and growth."
“Becoming part of Good Glamm Group will be hugely beneficial for both parties, whether in terms of our massive, combined industry footprint or opening new avenues for growth in this digital-first world," said Malini Agarwal, founder, MissMalini. "We share a joint vision to transform India's burgeoning social commerce industry, leveraging first-mover advantages to create exciting new opportunities across the country's creator economy.”
“Malini and I both started our own digital content ventures nearly a decade ago—and today as we welcome MissMalini to the Good Glamm Group—we have come full circle," said Priyanka Gill, co-founder, Good Glamm Group. "We are passionate believers in the might of digital content and with MissMalini's reach into the celebrity and influencer landscape will open up exciting avenues for the Good Glamm Group.”
- Good Glamm Group acquired MissMalini Entertainment in a stock-cash mix transaction.
- MissMalini will continue to operate independently, with founder Malini Agarwal and co-founders Nowshad Rizwanullah (CEO) and Mike Melli (CRO) continuing to lead the company.
- In November 2021, Good Glamm Group raised $150 million in funding at a $1.2 billion valuation, and they snapped up Indian digital and media platform ScoopWhoop.
- In April 2021, the group acquired India's largest parenting platform BabyChakra for an undisclosed sum. Naiyya Saggi, founder and CEO of BabyChakra, will join MyGlamm as co-founder and President, charged with leading the Mom-Baby vertical and building the community vertical for the group.
- In July 2020, the business acquired POPxo-Plixxo, making MyGlamm-POPxo-Plixxo the largest content-community-commerce platform in India with 88 million annual female users, 1.5 billion annual video views, and 150,000 influencers onboarded.
- Good Glamm Group now boasts India's largest digital media brands including POPxo, ScoopWhoop, BabyChakra, and now MissMalini Entertainment. The company's media division generates over 3.5 billion monthly impressions and has over 150 million unique users.
2 Article(s) Remaining